San Diego Police Department Lost 1 Million Dollars Seized From Criminals
Kristan T. Harris | The Rundown Live
San Diego Police Department (SDPD) is missing $1 million seized from drug runners and other criminals according to the SDPD asset forfeiture fund records.
The question was raised after San Diego police acknowledged the loss in a report to the federal government in 2010 that exposed the loss with a closing balance of $1,153,426 in seized assets and a closing balance of $153,426 a year later.
No one at the San Diego Police Department seems to know what happened to the money or how it was spent.
“We acknowledge you have noted a discrepancy,” SDPD spokesman Lt. Kevin Mayer said in a statement. “We have asked the City Comptroller to do a complete review and audit of the seized asset fund to see if there is an error.”
The funds were distributed to the SDPD by U.S. Treasury agencies under a program that redirects assets from illegal activities to local local enforcement agencies.
Federal regulations dictate how the seized assets are handled. San Diego Police Department received between $650,000 and $1.7 million for the last five years.
According to UT San Diego, nearly $2 million was invested in anonymous building improvements in 2011. The rest of the money was used for gas, insurance and other on police helicopters.
- August 3, 2014 Sheriff Purchased Tank Instead of Handguns for Police
- June 18, 2014 Milwaukee Citizens Push to Place Legalization of Recreational Marijuana Use on Fall Ballot
- August 11, 2014 Chemtrail Movie Poison Sky Brings Awareness to Geo-engineering
- July 20, 2014 Video: Your Rights During a Traffic Stop
- June 27, 2014 Activists Collect 53,000 Signatures to Force 9/11 Investigation Initiative on Fall Ballot in New York
- August 20, 2014 Military Trains Blackhawk Helicopters over Minnesota
- June 11, 2014 Child Protection Services Threatens To Take 13 Year Old for Twirling Pencil in School
- June 17, 2014 The Government is Using Drones to Manipulate the Weather in America
- July 17, 2014 Gov. Walker Calls on WI Legislature to Repeal Common Core
- June 3, 2014 University Discovers Electricity can be Generated by Dragging Saltwater Over Graphene