Facebook is adding a new feature in Messenger that gives people a way to send or receive money between friends.
This free feature will be rolling out over the coming months in the US.
To send money:
- Start a message with a friend
- Tap the $ icon and enter the amount you want to send
- Tap Pay in the top right and add your debit card to send money
To receive money:
- Open the conversation from your friend
- Tap Add Card in the message and add your debit card to accept money for the first time
The money you send is transferred right away. It may take one to three business days to make the money available to you depending on your bank, just as it does with other deposits.
This article is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article with attribution to the author and TheRundownLive.com. Tune-in to the THERUNDOWNLIVE Monday-Friday @ 9pm EST; 6pm PST.