The process can be gruesome and even has a special court for a family who has a child injured by a vaccine. The parents cannot simply sue the vaccine maker.
In 1986 U.S. Congress created the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act. Under the 1986 law, Congress took that power away from families to go after the vaccine creator and instead established a “vaccine court“, making it improbable to hold the vaccine composers accountable when there are obvious side effects in cases, such as Autism.
But now, an epidemiologist at the CDC’s National Center of Birth Defects and Development Disabilities who received his doctorate in biochemical engineering, Dr. William Thompson has broken his silence and revealed the truth about the MMR vaccine.
The epidemiologist is now taking accountability for his part in the intentional fraud at the Centers for Disease Control.
Thompson is alleging criminal wrongdoing on the part of his supervisors, and has expressed deep regret about his role in helping the CDC hide data:
Thompson, in a recorded interview stated:
“Oh my God, I did not believe that we did what we did, but we did. It’s all there”. This is the lowest point in my career, that I went along with that paper. I have great shame now when I meet families of kids with autism, because I have been part of the problem.”
Quick timeline of the scandal:
- In February 2004, a study of the MMR vaccine was published in the journal Pediatrics by three CDC scientists working in the National Immunization Program; one of them was Dr. Thompson. The study, in which vaccine data was gathered on 2,583 children in metropolitan Atlanta born between 1986 and 1993, concluded that there were “no significant associations”, between the age at which the vaccine is administered and the incidence of “developmental regression”such as autism. This study has been used for the past decade by the those seeking to say there is no link between autism and vaccines. It should be noted that Pediatrics receives financial support from vaccine makers through advertising and direct donations, according to a CBS News report.
- That same month, Dr. Thompson wrote to Dr. Julie Gerberding (then director of the CDC, now director of Merck’s vaccine division). In this letter he discusses his intention to present, at an Institute of Medicine meeting on vaccines and autism the following week, “several problematic result”, that the Atlanta study had produced.
- For the next ten years, Dr. Brian Hooker, of the Focus Autism Foundation, tried to obtain the original data from that study. This year, through a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, Dr. Hooker received much of the data. He was also allowed to view several highly sensitive documents related to the study thanks to a request from Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.
- After the FOIA was filed, Hooker was contacted by Dr. Thompson at the CDC, who at that time spoke on condition of anonymity. Thompson guided Hooker to evidence that there was a statistically significant relationship between the age at which the MMR vaccine was first given and the incidence of autism—particularly in African-American boys. Thompson revealed that CDC researchers did not include any children who did not have a valid State of Georgia birth certificate, thereby reducing the study’s sample size by 41%, which dramatically skewed the statistical findings. Thompson claimed this manipulation was intentional because of top-down pressure to promote a pro-vaccine agenda, and because of the CDC’s reluctance to address the vaccine-autism connection.
- Hooker presented his own research—a re-analysis of the original data—in a paper published August 8 in the peer-reviewed journal Translational Neurodegeneration. In African American boys who received the vaccine at 24 months of age (that is, “on schedule,” as opposed delaying the vaccine until 36 months or later), Hooker said the raw data shows the incidence of autism to be 340% higher. Dr. Hooker suggests the extraordinary vulnerability of young African American boys to autism from vaccinations may result from their low vitamin D levels, given their dark skin pigmentation. The prevalence of autism in African Americans is nearly 25% higher than that of whites. “The CDC knew about the relationship between the age of first MMR vaccine and autism incidence in African-American boys as early as 2003,” Hooker says, “but chose to cover it up”.
- This week, Dr. Andrew Wakefield and the Autism Media Channel published a powerful nine-minute video revealing Dr. Thompson’s identity. “We’ve missed ten years of research because the CDC is so paralyzed right now by anything related to autism,” Thompson says. “They’re not doing what they should be doing because they’re afraid to look for things that might be associated.”
Earlier this year, Rep. Bill Posey (R-FL) demanded that the CDC be investigated, highlighting”the incestuous relationship between the public health community and the vaccine makers and public officials,”the manipulation of data, and the swinging door policy between the CDC and vaccine maker Merck”.
In 2009, Dr. Diane Harper was the lead researcher in the development of the human papilloma virus vaccines, Gardasil and Cervarix, admitted that the vaccines were likely more dangerous than the disease they were trying to prevent, that is, until Big Pharma companies persuaded her to change her tune.